I am very excited to start my destination workshops of 2012 in Mercer Island/Seattle! I've always loved this beautiful city and am happy to find a good reason to visit again. In addition, it is also my pleasure to put a very meaningful cause to this event - 15% of the proceeds will go to Greater Seattle Vietnamese Association to help fund the needs of the children in schools and orphanages in Vietnam. Please visit Greater Seattle Vietnamese Association (GSVA) for further information.
About the Workshop
We will start off with a technical review of a DSLR. You will learn and get most of your photography equipment by going through the features of your DSLR and its lenses. We will also explore shooting techniques with a short hands-on session. I will share my insights with everyone through a fun and relaxing critique session during lunch.
This session assumes you understand the basic functions of your camera and the fundamentals of photography. In the field, a special team assignment will be put together for you and your team members (there will be 4 people in each team, please specify that if you and partner would like to be assigned in the same team while signing up the session). I will highlight some special techniques while shooting throughout the field practice. We will end the session by a demonstration of some useful post-processing tips using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for enhancing your pictures and workflow.
The workshop is hosted at the Mercer Island Community & Event Center:
8236 SE 24th Street
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Get Google Map
Session A - Saturday, April 28, 2012, 9:30 am - 1:30 pm* (Lunch and beverages will be provided)
Session B - Saturday, April 28, 2012, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm** (Snack and beverages will be provided)
For enthusiastic amateur photographers with DSLR camera.
Sign up with your friends to get great discount!
- Single session (A or B): $200 per session
- Both sessions: $350
- 2 persons for both sessions: $300 per person
- 3 or more persons for both sessions: $275 per person
All participants of both sessions will get a 25% discount coupon for one of my photo sessions. Discount coupons will be given at the workshop.
- On or before 3/30 (4 weeks before workshop date) - 50% refund
- No refund if canceled within 4 weeks of workshop date. However, it can be transferred to another student.
- Can I just sign up for one session or do I have to sign up for both?
- It is your choice! You can sign up either session or you can do both to maximize what you learn. The morning session will be a technical review of a modern DSLR and will be more hands-on experiences in the afternoon session. It will be highly recommended for the students who attend Session A to learn about the basics before attending Session B.
- What do I need to bring to the workshop?
- Just your DSLR and your passion for photography
- How many students are in each workshop session?
- The maximum limit is 12 students. The workshop is designed to provide ample attention to each student.
- How do I sign up?
- To ensure a spot in the workshop, please click the "Buy now" button below.